The 1st Olympus Ski Mountaineering Team Race has taken place today , Sunday the 1st April 2012 with a fantastic itinerary of 2141 meters, ascending some of the most important summits of the massif of the Mount Olympus and offering to the racers amazing views of the “Throne of Gods”. The race was organised by the Ski and Mountaineering Club of Elassona and the Hellenic Federation of Mountaineering and Climbing with the support of the Prefecture of Thesalia. This pre-approved race has counted with racers from Bulgaria, Germany and Greece that enjoyed the good weather, good snow and the itinerary.
Aronis and Philip take advantage in the first ascension to the summit of Aghios Antonios (2816 m) and maintain the position during all the itinerary that climbed the summits of Skolios (2905m) , Christakis (2707 m) and the beautiful ascent for the last ascension to the Mt. Chodza (2589 m) . The interesting battle for the second and third place was decided in favour of the team Kostopoulos- Matras.
The victory in the women’s circuit was for Joanna Sideri and Helen Klapanara.
1. Aronis Platonis (Gre)- Philipp Reiter (Ger), 2h35’20“
2. Nik Kostopoulos (Gre) – Slavomir Matras (Gre), 2h 42’54“
3. Alex Kambouropulos (Gre) – Grigoris Kalogeropoylos (Gre), 2h 49’23“
1. Joanna Sideri (Gre) – Helen Klapanara (Gre), 3h13’12“
2. Sirmatenia Parasxaki (Gre) – Evangelia Karabouzi (Gre), 3h28’50“
3. Togelou Vivh (Gre) –Koloka Fotini (Gre), 4h48’31”